OSARA stands for Open Source Accessibility for the REAPER Application.
OSARA is a REAPER extension which aims to make REAPER accessible to screen reader users. It was heavily inspired by and based on the concepts of the ReaAccess extension, but was created as a potential replacement because ReaAccess seems to have been abandoned and was not developed openly. It runs on both Windows and Mac, though it is currently very experimental on Mac ad is not yet fully functional.
OSARA requires REAPER 5.50 or later. The SWS/S&M EXTENSION is highly recommended and OSARA supports several useful actions from this extension.
- Reports information about tracks when you navigate to them
- Reports information concerning track folders
- Reports adjustments to track mute, solo, arm, input monitor, phase and volume
- Reports information about items when you navigate to them
- Reports the edit cursor position when you move by pixel, measure, beat or to the start or end of the project
- Provides access to various context menus for tracks, items and the time ruler
- Reports track envelope selection
- Reports markers when you navigate to them
- Facility to adjust of automatable FX parameters
- Ability to watch and report track peak meters
- Noncontiguous selection of tracks/items
- Navigation and selection of chords and notes in the MIDI Editor